Some Information: Prof. Dr. K. de Meirleir – Explains ME/CFS – Wetenschap voor Patienten
With English Subtitles
Now that you have been diagnosed with ME/CFS perhaps some general information on the condition may be helpful.
In the following YouTube videos Prof. Dr. Kenny de Meirleir endeavours to explain ME/CFS.
1. Is ME and/or CFS a disease?
2. Is it possible to diagnose ME/CFS?
3. Is ME a hereditary condition?
4. ME and sleep disorders
5. ME and pain
6. ME and Hormones
7. ME, the Immune System and several Viruses
8. ME and the Blood Circulation
9. ME and Gastrointestinal Problems
10. ME, Co-morbidity and Exclusion Criteria
11. Twelve answers to questions – ME Origin and Causes
12. Misdiagnosis / Related Diagnosis and Tests
13. Sleep, Pain and Nightmares
14. ME and Treatment
15. ME, Remedy and Hope
16. ME and Low-Dose Naltrexone (LDN)
17. ME and the Brain
18. ME, Th1, Th2 and Th17
19. Subgroups of patients
20. Sense and nonsense of tests