Many of us belong to clubs, attend local events or use our local resources – there are lots of different ways that you can help your local community to be more aware of ME/CFS
- Hold a ‘gluten-free’ afternoon tea – ask for a gold-coin donation to attend. Bring some information on how diet affects people with ME/CFS. Reward yourselves with delicious food!
- Sporting Competition – if you play a sport, hold a friendly match. Request a $10 donation to enter (maybe include a sausage sizzle and entertainment!). At the end of the match award the star player/winning team a gift.
- Join an existing sports event – Everyday Hero have events all around Australia all year round that you can participate in. Register your event on their website (free) and share your Everyday Hero page with your friends/family/colleagues/schoolmates
- Talk to your local library or community centre about a display. These are perfect places for people to find information out about the condition.
- Book club – suggest a book by someone with ME/CFS as the next book to read. Discuss the book, and the author.