Canadian Consensus Criteria (CCC), 2003
Term used: ME/CFS
Post Exertional Malaise (PEM) is a mandatory symptom for diagnosis.
- Post-exertional malaise (PEM)
- Sleep dysfunction
- Cognitive difficulties/ impairment
- Chronic pain
At least 1 symptom from 2 of the following*
- Autonomic manifestations*
- Neuroendocrine manifestations*
- Immune manifestations*
* Each of these categories has a list of symptoms which would qualify as meeting the criteria. You can read the full list here: http://me-pedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Consensus_Criteria
This is the most widely used diagnostic criteria amongst doctors who have expertise in ME/CFS. It is also the diagnostic criteria most commonly used in research (NIH recommended it be used by its Collaborative Research Centers) although it was designed for clinical use.