Financial Services

Financial support

The Federal and State Governments provide payments and services to help you if you have an illness, injury or disability that means you can’t work, or can only do a limited amount of work. Read more about:


Centrelink is part of the part of the Federal Government’s Department of Human Services (DHS) and delivers a range of social security payments and services.

The following payments are available from Centrelink:

National Disability Insurance Agency

The National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) is an independent statutory agency which is implementing the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS). It aims to support people with a significant and permanent disability, as well as their families and carers.

Victorian State Government’s Department of Human Services

The Department of Human Services (DHS) delivers policies and programs and provides financial assistance, accommodation options and other supports and services for people with a disability, their families and carers.

Financial assistance for carers

Financial assistance is provided by the Federal Government’s Department of Human Services to people who provide daily care to someone with severe disability, a medical condition, or who is frail aged.

Other financial services

Other government and non-government organisations and community services provide services and assistance for people experiencing financial difficulties.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email